Cactus V4s

SrBiscuit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
finally got my V4s in the mail just now.

this is a pointless post since ive only mounted the transceiver on the cam so far. lol.
tough to play with new toys at work.:(

sorry for wasting your time.;) just a little stoked to have these.
i'll try them out later and report back.:thumbup:

Now .. make sure you have some batteries for the set. Sometimes the batteries that shipped with the product do not have enough power.

so far so good. i fired off a couple with the supplied batteries, but i'll def be picking up some rechargables on the way home.

they seemed to have taken care of the issue people had discussed about being a tight fit on a sb600.

twinky, i'll def be posting some soon. my wife has a cool idea for a shoot she wants to do, so hopefully within the next week or so we'll have the time to do it. :D

I just got my set for christmas, you will be SHOCKED at the range these things have. I had my sb-800 in my farthest away closet in my APT and zoomed it out the window so I could see if it went off when I went outside of my house, and down the sidewalk to the next set of apartments. (75-100ft) and started testing. it went off everytime i pressed my transmitter test button. I was amazed.
You will love them. For the money, I never could have imagined NOT having these.

I consider them very reliable to 200' in clear line of sight situations (measured). I have not tested them with obstructions yet. I do have a 140' long building I have on property to test in. Just have not done it yet.

For the price I consider them a very good deal!

Ha that figures I just got my V2s like 6 months ago. Ah, well... they're cheap and I modded them so the range is pretty impressive. :)

JerryPH had an awesome easy mod to do for them which allowed for up to 300' shooting. I think its up on his blog somewhere

i played a little bit at home lastnight....LOVE them. consistent firing, around obstacles so far (i mean it is rf so obstacles should pose too much of an issue.)
havent really tested the range yet, but these are going to change my life! lol
i also love that the receiver creates a foot for the flash.

im going to order another receiver for my other flash.

i second jerry's mod. i never did it, but it was well written and seemed to test out VERY well. if im not mistaken he was around the 300foot mark.

for those that dont have these....get some...they are great for $45.

Not to start anything but it was never "Jerry's" mod -just one that he posted here. It was out a long time before then and though I don't recall the guy's name it wasn't Jerry.

Again, sorry, it's just that it is annoying that somebody else gets the credit for a really nice piece of work and the original author is long forgotten.

Fritz, Now I'm going to have to see if I can find the original.

fair enough...im all for giving credit where credit is due. :D

i had only heard it from him, though i assumed there was a tut or something he had referenced. i should not have called it "jerry's mod". good call mike.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back