Cage Fight - Jan 26 - (a bit of blood here, not much)

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my second fight to shoot. Cage fighting is Mixed Martial Arts, where a boxer, a kickboxer, a jujitsu master, etc can all fight under the same set of rules. It's a pretty neat concept (though I would never want to fight). Sort of difficult to shoot, because your only option is to shoot through a chain-link fence.

248167439-M-2.jpg

248167725-M-2.jpg

248167420-M-2.jpg

248169998-M-1.jpg

248167328-M-2.jpg

248170474-M-2.jpg

248171571-M-2.jpg

248172364-M-2.jpg

248173087-M-2.jpg

248173021-M-1.jpg

#1 keeps reminding me of the Rocky movies... eyes unable to stay open, busted lip, etc.

I love number 6, the complex composition, the fence, and the expression of the fighter in the guard. Did the fight end moments after that by triangle choke?

nice shots. whats going on in number 5, is he doing a frontflip off the cage or something? i really like #10, looks great

I love number 6, the complex composition, the fence, and the expression of the fighter in the guard. Did the fight end moments after that by triangle choke?

yeah that choke didn't end the fight, but the blows he got to the head wore him out pretty quick

nice shots. whats going on in number 5, is he doing a frontflip off the cage or something? i really like #10, looks great

#5 - this kid was incredible, he did a karate/martial arts/whatever demonstration at the beginning. It was awesome. Lots of hi-ya moves, and flips, backflips, jumps, kicks, etc. It was very intense.

#10 is one of my faves too, all his tattoos make the picture incredible.

The kid in #5 is doing XMA - "xtreme martial arts". They are demonstration teams that do what you saw - intense acrobatic routines set to equally intense music.

I love MMA, brazilian jujitsu background myself. Would love to do some cage fights. In the cage or photo....How'd you get hooked up with that?

I love MMA, brazilian jujitsu background myself. Would love to do some cage fights. In the cage or photo....How'd you get hooked up with that?

I do some race track photography, and the co-owner of the race track was the promoter at a cage fight about a month ago. I went there and took pictures for him (official and only photographer...that was an cool story...wouldn't even let P&S's into the arena) and from that, got more cage fight job offers.

This recent one was a different promoter who I met at the first fight.

Here's the HIGHLIGHT GALLERY

forgive my ignorance............P&S's?....what's that stand for?

Point and Shoot cameras. The security guards came up to me at one point and said "hey that guy up in the balcony taking pictures...is he with you?" and I said "nope" and the guard said "ok well we will take care of him".

The security guards threatened to make people leave who brought in any type of camera. It was pretty intense, and fun that I was treated that well.

Most reactions

Back