Not open for further replies.

bennielou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Deleted by OP

Last edited:
I agree - they are lovely bridals. I do think #1 and #4 is rather soft for my taste, but if your client wanted it then way to go!

I just did the cowboy boots and flowers this past weekend with a bride - love it!

Besides that, the photos themselves are great. You just suck at PP,... like a lot.

i dont like your post processing, the bride is gorgeous and doesn't need it, it makes her look fake. I think the white in her eyes in #1 is way too over processed... i'd go back and lessen up on that a little bit... too white and too fake.

#8 is my favorite out of all of them... cute and sweet and girly... all brides need a down to earth shot like that.

I thought #2 was a boudoir shot until I realized it was her wedding dress and not a bed sheet. :lol:

Love #5 ... Number 6 is stunning ... and I love the fact that she wore cowboy boots under her dress ... save a horse, ride a cowgirl, eh?! :lol:

Over the top?
These are great! Retouching no more than what makeup could do
nicely done, I understand Catherine's desire for your photography

Thank you. :) I have been trying to back off the "over the top" stuff, but every once in a while, I get brides who want that type of thing.

I agree - they are lovely bridals. I do think #1 and #4 is rather soft for my taste, but if your client wanted it then way to go!

I just did the cowboy boots and flowers this past weekend with a bride - love it!

Yeah, I thought that was so fun. It was her idea. I can't wait to work on her wedding, because she is one of those wonderful brides who just wants to play and have fun. She's game for pretty much anything.

2, 5, and 6 are my favorite

usually 2 would be too much retouch for me.. but her eyes are super sharp and it makes me melt

Burn, I have no idea what you are talking about. LOL. But thanks for looking.
Jackie, thanks for looking and your comments. You are right, it is not for everyone, but something expressely desired by the bride.

2, 5, and 6 are my favorite

usually 2 would be too much retouch for me.. but her eyes are super sharp and it makes me melt

Thanks Dom Yo. #2 isn't something I would normally give a bride, because I wouldn't think they would want to enlarge it. But there was just something sweet about it, IMO.

Well, the first thing I was going ot say is that the PP is a bit too much, but then I read what you said. But I'm going to say it anyways. The PP is quite a bit over the top. Now I understand that it's 'your style' and the clients like it, and there's something to be said for that. But there is a certain danger to allowing your clientele to be you critics and allowing 'style' to be a cop out for improvement. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, so don't get mad, I'm just saying watch out for that. Regardless of whether or not 'over-the-top' PP is your style, I still think it need a lot of work. There's smooth skin and then there's textureless plastic. Also, there are lots of smeary edges, particularly her hairline, as well as lots of soft or artifacted edges that should be sharp. Her face looks somewhat distorted in many, like you used the liquify tool to enhance the smiles, particularly ine #4 and #8. But maybe she just has a giant smile. #3 I would say is the ugly duckling of the group. For the most part the lighting is nice and the poses are pretty good and the composition is well thought out, but #3 seems like a snapshot with an awkward pose and on camera flash.

All in all, lots of great ideas, nice light and good posing, but I think the PP good use some refining, if not a little turning down.

Hi General and thanks for the cc. The only liquify I used was a nip at the waisteline. I try not to liquify faces because it's pretty tricky business and I don't want to make them someone they are not. She really did have that huge smile.

Yeah, the retouching is definately over the top for sure. Like I said, it's a little niche market that I have. Some people love it. A lot of people hate it, but if it keeps me working, I'll keep doing it. IMO, it's not about me being an artist so much as it is about making people happy. (And I have to admit that I love playing in PS.)

I've tried a few different photo hosting sites, and several upload actions, but I just can't seem to get the uploads to look what I'm actually seeing on the screen, and might account for the artifacting you see.

Anyhoo, I appreciate your cc!

Yeah, liquifying faces is super hard, and they never look quite right. That would explain the artifacting, but I would still be careful with blurry hairlines like in #4. That is also the photo that looked most distorted to me, but part of it is that you want to be careful with broad lighting people when they have their face turned away from the camera. That's what make the distance between the edge of her eyes/lips and the beginning o her ear look so big. It looks kind of like you stretched her face away from her ear, and the combination of broad lighting and skin-smoothing that takes away shadow/depth//definition can do that if you're not careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back