k.udhay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi.

I am thinking of using a dark coloured theme (kind of low key) for one of my client's cake smash shoots.

Here is my plan:
1. The backdrop will be probably the 'DM-197' in this link:
https://goo.gl/cZRE3K
[Mild green with grey textures]

2. The floor of client's home is of white shiny tiles. So, I am thinking of spreading a grey carpet on it

3. The rest is all usual cake smash props - Cake, decorating elements, birthday chalkboard poster etc.

I don't know if a dark background works good for a cake smash. I could not find many examples as well. Have you tried a dark coloured theme with children's photoshoot? Can you post your experience and if possible some photos?

Sounds like birthday cakes, not wedding cakes.

Since green isn't a neutral tone, I tend to think of "what does it go with" and that leads me to the color wheel.

I will say that while DM-064 is neutral... I couldn't help but notice that the bride sort of gets lost in that background. It lacks contrast. BUT... you can make any background any color with gels and lighting... so there's always that option.

This is a plan for a 1st birthday cake smash. In fact, that's why I am a bit confused, if babies go well with a dark themed photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back