Cali Sunset and a Beach for CnC

Wiggz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all... still a noob but would love any criticism to help "develop my eyes" lol. Heres 2 more I took a few weeks ago! I feel like the second looks almost too fake seeing as how theres no actual sun in the shot to show the colors... but my friend says it seems to work for her. What do yall think??

This one is a local nature reserve
NationalReserve-May2010.jpg

This one is at Stinson Beach in NorCal
StinsonBeach-May20102.jpg

EDIT added a sharper one just for fun
StinsonBeach-May20103.jpg

Last edited:
Number 2 is nice because it seems to tell a story or has narrative with the people in the BG. Number 1 is a nice shot with beautiful colors, but I feel like the sun is too much of a focal point, but just my opinion. Im sure a lot of people would disagree.

I also like #2. Every part of it is interesting to look at. It has a variety of texture, color, and brightness. Perhaps it could be a bit sharper.

How did you do both of those?

Number 2 is nice because it seems to tell a story or has narrative with the people in the BG. Number 1 is a nice shot with beautiful colors, but I feel like the sun is too much of a focal point, but just my opinion. Im sure a lot of people would disagree.

Thanks! I actually ALMOST edited the people out... but I kind of felt the same way as you after I sat back and looked at it.
I also like #2. Every part of it is interesting to look at. It has a variety of texture, color, and brightness. Perhaps it could be a bit sharper.

I thought the same, but I had a sharper version, and when i had them side by side I seem to like this one better for some reason. Thanks though!

How did you do both of those?

What do you mean exactly?? Like what did I do post processing... or in the camera? orrrrr.... honestly I'm still learning I prob took this same shot 30 times with 30 different settings lol but I will answer any questions the best I can lol

Wiggz

Your second photo is a good photo. The people in the backround with the footprints in the forground and a good composition.

It would have been real cool, if the waves were up closer to the foot prints, washing them away...

How do you like it in Colombia?

Why did you leave the city and go to the coast. There are tons of good photo opportunities right there in Cali.

Wiggz

Your second photo is a good photo. The people in the backround with the footprints in the forground and a good composition.

It would have been real cool, if the waves were up closer to the foot prints, washing them away...
Thanks! I didn't think of that though... something to keep in mind for the future for sure :D
How do you like it in Colombia?

Why did you leave the city and go to the coast. There are tons of good photo opportunities right there in Cali.
I am confused by this post... lol I assume ur talkin to someone else haha

Cali = Santiago de Cali, one of the largest cities in Colombia.

KmH either thought:
1. You meant Cali, Colombia
2. Or making fun of you for abbreviating California

:lmao:

Cali = Santiago de Cali, one of the largest cities in Colombia.

KmH either thought:
1. You meant Cali, Colombia
2. Or making fun of you for abbreviating California

:lmao:

alllllllllllllrighty then lol

lol at above post about Cali,
Anyways im just a noob too and still learning. With that said I think one is just a snapshot. Does nothing for me and i know that means nothing but ... The second one has great compasition, great colors. I like the same of what the others have already mentioned above but the one thing that keeps my attention is the sun and colors. The position of the sun up in the sky and the colors dont match, or does it? Cali is wierd like that i know. Im distracted but ... its seems to work! Nnice shot.

lol at above post about Cali,
Anyways im just a noob too and still learning. With that said I think one is just a snapshot. Does nothing for me and i know that means nothing but ... The second one has great compasition, great colors. I like the same of what the others have already mentioned above but the one thing that keeps my attention is the sun and colors. The position of the sun up in the sky and the colors dont match, or does it? Cali is wierd like that i know. Im distracted but ... its seems to work! Nnice shot.

lol I was wondering if anyone would mention that. In my first post when I said it didnt work for me thats exactly what I was talking about. The sun is actually high enough to not even be in the shot lol

:thumbup:Cali, Colombia

BTW this city has the most beautiful women in the world.

Almost forgot to mention: Nice photos and amazing colors.

:thumbup:Cali, Colombia

BTW this city has the most beautiful women in the world.
Well, some of the most beautiful women in the world, anyway. There are stunningly beautiful women all over this planet. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back