Calibrating the laptop...problem!

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to calibrate my laptop screen. I have the Spyder2Pro device to do it with.
I have a Medion Laptop (Aldi Special ;) ) which is running windows 7 64Bit. All is well with the system.

Trouble is, to run Spyder2Pro I need to have access to the RGB sliders, or to other sliders to alter the screen output. Can I find them?? No!

I'm not a complete novice with computers, and it irks me that I can't find something which I have used many times before...the only thing I do have is the screen brightness (a sun symbol) control on the keyboard. No other controls...

Anyone know where I can find them?

Cheers

Sorry, I googled to death for you. Maybe email/call Spyder and Medion?

Are you sure you need access to those controls? You shouldn't. :scratch:

Basically, you'll want those settings to be in the default position. You then run the calibration and it creates a profile. That profile is loaded by the video card at start up. After which, you shouldn't touch any of the monitor controls.

Are you sure you need access to those controls? You shouldn't. :scratch:

Basically, you'll want those settings to be in the default position. You then run the calibration and it creates a profile. That profile is loaded by the video card at start up. After which, you shouldn't touch any of the monitor controls.

Ok...when I load up the Spyder Program (I did this with a previous laptop) it asked what buttons/sliders I have. In the previous laptop I had access to RGB sliders and the program had me adjust those and the spyder then analysed the result (I think). This time I can't find any controls...maybe I should just click "none" and see what happens? ;)

Cheers

Put your mouse on the screen, right click and go to properties. Click on settings, and then advanced. You might have some sliders in there for the display. Good luck.

Put your mouse on the screen, right click and go to properties. Click on settings, and then advanced. You might have some sliders in there for the display. Good luck.

Cheers. Nothing I can see, but it's ok...I just sorted it. I downloaded newer software for the Spyder, and also it is not necessary to touch any sliders...just tell it there are none, and the software does all the adjustments.

All sorted, but thanks anyway. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back