Calibration Help!

sarahburge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I finally decided to get the Spyder 3 Pro kit and calibrate my monitor. I got my test prints from WHCC today and they look great. Except for the whites/blues have a magenta cast to them. I use CS4 for all of my editing. When I compare the print to my monitor the only thing off is the magenta cast. I have checked and double checked everything and I have calibrated my monitor 3 times. What am I missing?

Do you have WHCC's printer ICC profiles so you can soft proof in CS4?

It's also feasable there is a color space issue.

What color space do you use in the edit workspace of CS4?

Under the Edit tab scoll down to Convert To Profile. Click on that and the dialog box that pops up will tell you the Source Space for whichever image you have open in the edit workspace.

Be sure the Destination Space Profile is set to: Working RGB - sRGB IEC61966-2.1, the Conversion Options are set to, Engine: Adobe (ACE), the Intent set to: Relative Colorimetric, there are check mark in the Use Black Point Compensation and Use Dither check mark boxes.

I fixed the color space issue and I downloaded the ICC profiles from WHCC. When I compare my soft proof to my original file, there is a slight difference in the cyan/blue areas. However, when I compare my print to the soft proof on the screen, there is a noticable difference. My print is way more purple in the problem areas. Since I have calibrated my monitor should they not look close if not exactly like each other? Thank you so much for your help.

So you uploaded the wrong color space to WHCC for the print you are now using for comparison purposes?

Ah-ha...light bulb! Thank You for your help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back