What's new

California Coastline

It's an HDR image, 5 frames, each a stop apart, converted to Tiff in ACR, tone mapped in Photomatix and then curves adjusted in CS5. Thank you.
 
Oh cool. I usually only take 3 brackets for HDR. That's an interesting way you process them. I would usually just do the heap in photomatix then do levels or curves in CS3.
 
Now that's what I have been waiting for, hell of a nice job!
 
If you did 5 frames, how did you get the timing so that the moving parts (waves) didn't get all weird in the merging?

This doesn't have and HDR feel to it, which is good. Nice composition and processing. I wanna be there!
 
D700 high-speed shutter, fast shutter speeds. ;) I have quite a few more coastal shots, stay tuned. Thank you.
 
Added a couple more shots :)
 
Ooo nice one of bixby canyon bridge
 
I should have crawled down that goat path and gotten a really good view but we'd been driving since 7am (now close to 6pm?) and I was too skeered....I do have one more of the bridge.
 
Personally I am not a fan of the colors... Looks too vibrant and maybe yellow-ish on the left...
Excellent photos otherwise.

Edit: Or maybe magenta... ahhh I dont know! It just kinda hurts my eyes lol
 
Yeah, there's certainly a lot of saturation. I can see why some are addicted to HDR, it's fun and the images are so vivid. Going back to normal photography might be tough! Added one of the bride and that's it!
 
Awesome shots! That bridge is pretty amazing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom