What's new

California Historic Landmark

I really like this picture. I really like how rich the colors look.
 
Thank you, yes HDR.
 
I love that fence - the way it meanders and leads me to the lighthouse! This is a very nice photo.

I'm sensing a bit too much HDR processing in the fence, and I find it a bit distracting, though that might just be my preference for a more naturalistic image. Also, I think the fence competes with the ocean horizon at the far left where the two elements merge. Perhaps if the fence started at a point farther below the horizon there would be less tension and the ocean would feel more natural. I've been to this lighthouse several times and I feel this image (and the other one you posted recently) very nicely capture the essence of the location on a warm California day.
 
I did highlight the fence a bit, perhaps a little too strongly but it's just so cool I couldn't help myself. Thanks for the honest critique! I wish this angle had clouds like the opposite view (previous shot) had, the sky is just so bland and boring.
 
I wish this angle had clouds like the opposite view (previous shot) had, the sky is just so bland and boring.

In general, I feel such a stark blue sky usually enhances that "warm California Coast in the summer" feeling. It does that here. Additionally, in this photo, that lighthouse stands out even more boldly against all that blue.
 
They are both very good.

I'd be trying for a more interesting sky in #1. It deserves it.
The crooked tower in #2 hurts the image I think.
 
but is it crooked? :D Distortion I think, which I can try correcting in 'lens correction' filter. I am not totally happy with the second one, which was my first edit chronologically. I might give it another go ;)

Think I should add in some puffy clouds to that top one?
 
What a super set. In picture #1 I just love how you processed the fence. Great texture, tone, and color variation. This is HDR at its best. As for the composition, it's nearly perfect. Great balance. Even the roof on the house has that old time worn look. Too bad the clouds moved off by the time you walked around the lighthouse.
 
I agree with basically everything Jaemie said, and with what Mike said about #1.

Is there a reason why you went with HDR for this scene?
 
For S&G mostly but the sun was very high and harsh.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom