California Sunrise just aside Highway 1

I love the color in this.. HDR?

Thanks, me too :) There is some weird ghosting, though, that bugs me!

What software did you do the processing with?

Photomatix latest edition. De-ghosting on.

where are you? I am near Santa Cruz, about an hour south of San Francisco.

Love this, especially the bumped up saturation. That works!

I have come home now, but we spent one night in Santa Cruz at a hotel. I cannot remember what that was called, but here's a picture of the area:

DSC03440 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

DSC03434 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

We visited the supposed natural bridges. After Santa Cruz, we drove to Pinnacles national monument and spent two nights there. Been there? We heard coyotes at midnight both nights :) Also went for a hike up along the trails and saw the awesome rock formations (that seemed a little out of place in south CA).

Natural brides kinda fell down 20 years ago or so, looks like you actually stayed in Capitola, a quaint but touristy seaside village. Yes, Pinnacles is pretty cool. Hey have off-road trails too. These areas are considered Northern California ;)

Oh well too bad I didn't know or I would have come over and shown you around!

Ahh, so that's why we were kind of disappointed of the natural bridges! :) We saw what we reckoned were one of them, though.

Who knows, maybe I walked past you or drove past you. Do you perchance spent your afternoons selling cherries and honey jars beside Highway 1 just outside town? If so, we bought the best yellow cherries we've ever had from you :lol:

Also went for a hike up along the trails and saw the awesome rock formations (that seemed a little out of place in south CA).

Thats because they moved along the San Andreas from a volcanic field further south ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back