Calling all Yidden

I was trying to think of another story and it occurs to me that almost all of them revolve around Christmas. I mean no has ever said to me, "What? you mean you don't celebrate Ascention Thursday?" Or, "I can't believe you did participate in the Feast of Gabrial!" (OK, I don't know if there really is a feast of gabrial, but it's funny).

The other thing I really hate, and please don't take offense if you thought this, but Rabbis do not bless food to make it kosher! There are rules that dictate what's kosher and what's not, and the rabbi (actually the mashgiach) ensures that the rules are being followed. Oh, and while I'm on my tirade: I really, really, really, hate when people do that stupid hocking up a loogie joke about the gluttal stop in Hebrew and Yiddish. You know, English is one of the very few languages that doesn't have a "ch" should (and I dont' mean as in children, but as in Chanukah). It's not hard. Rolling your "r" from the back of your tongue is hard, and I fault no one who can't do it, but it seems to me that any one can do the "ch" sound.

Thank you. That is all for now.

jocose said:
So, this got me to wondering. I assume that I'm not the only Jew on the Forum, and I was wondering what other interesting experiences my fellow Tribesmen have had with similiar experiences.
I'm not Jewish and don't have any stories. :(

Where I live there are a large Muslim and Hindu people. Obviously they don't celebrate Christmas, but a few still stick up the lights and trees. For the most part they use it as an excuse to meet family, have fun and get ****ed. Very few people (around here at least) look on Christmas as being a religious holiday. I actually think that a lot of the children wouldn't be able to tell you the first thing about it.

ferny said:
I'm not Jewish and don't have any stories. :(

Where I live there are a large Muslim and Hindu people. Obviously they don't celebrate Christmas, but a few still stick up the lights and trees. For the most part they use it as an excuse to meet family, have fun and get ****ed. Very few people (around here at least) look on Christmas as being a religious holiday. I actually think that a lot of the children wouldn't be able to tell you the first thing about it.

You should tell them to go on diets then!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back