Calm before the Storm C&C

rgregory1965

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was shot at work last night, there was a storm rollin in and I knew the clouds would look awsome...so I grabbed the Nikon and went to work.

Some may say overdone but I was going for the dramatic look.

I work in a Waste Water treatment facility....we had a storm roll thru and the clouds were kinda spooky looking so I grabbed a few shots. Was going for a kinda Walking Dead look....if you have seen the series on TV you will get it, if not you wont.

Sorry for not posting more info on this....but was really looking for comments on the tone mapping more than subject matter.

I posted Before and after shots.

DSC_20623.jpg

DSC_20623-2.jpg

Last edited:
48 views and no comments....Guess I should not ask for C&C....LOL

I'll post some CC if you wish :) First of all nice tone mapping. Do you work in a waste or petrochemical plant; how did you gain access ? I like the effect; it just needs to be cleaned up a bit imho. Some of the clouds could be cleaned up e.g the highly shadowed parts on the top far left; and I would clean up the riff raff on the top right as well. There is a visible halo on the left of the container which is something to fix as well.

The subject is not interesting, thus likely the lack of comments.

How you feel about the subject itself is inconsequential, the question is if it was well executed.

What is this image about? Is it about the treatment plant? Is it about the storm? Is it about form? Is it about function? The problem with this image isn't that the subject is uninteresting, the problem is that we are left not knowing what the subject is and how the elements work together to convey an idea.

How you feel about the subject itself is inconsequential, the question is if it was well executed.

What is this image about? Is it about the treatment plant? Is it about the storm? Is it about form? Is it about function? The problem with this image isn't that the subject is uninteresting, the problem is that we are left not knowing what the subject is and how the elements work together to convey an idea.

Info added

Most reactions

New Topics

Back