Model: Nicole

D850
f/3.5
ISO 1400
1/125 Sec.
70 - 200 mm - f/2.8E FL ED VR
200 mm

20180403-untitled-40-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Here is the last one from the workshop. Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Have A Great Day All!

Enezdez

I like this. The Victorian effect works well for the lady. I am unsure of the tint I keep scrolling back trying to decide, one minute I like the next I don't, but I don't have a suitable alternative to offer either.

I like this. The Victorian effect works well for the lady. I am unsure of the tint I keep scrolling back trying to decide, one minute I like the next I don't, but I don't have a suitable alternative to offer either.

Lovely, I like this treatment............

Thank you both!

I like the processing style you selected. It has an interesting visual effect. I think however that she's riding a bit low within the total frame area, and that cropping off some of the top of the frame would better-balance and strengthen the overall picture. This type of photographic portrait of a single person is tricky, especially with a 3:2 aspect ratio camera...the frame is soooo tall, and sooo narrow, when the camera is that close-in and is positioned vertically. The reason I suggest cropping some off of the top is that her eyes are positioned right about the center-height of the frame,and her chin is quite low toward the bottom of the frame...it just doesn't feel as balanced as it could be with a bit cropped off of the top.

I like that and think it would also look great in sepia.

Me being picky again... :abnormal: Next time you work with models in wigs try to get the stray real hairs pinned back (as in her neck) and the wig pulled forward to cover. Again I appreciate that this was a workshop situation and you didn't have that kind of control. :)

Some people would say this is a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black...
I used to have a reputation for missing the detail stuff, now I'm so paranoid about it I don't dare post! ;) :biglaugh:

Next time you work with models in wigs try to get the stray real hairs pinned back (as in her neck) and the wig pulled forward to cover

I saw that as well, but my overall impression was that she was portraying a somewhat tawdry woman. The look, the makeup, the continuation of the eyeliner onto the side, and the hair showing all formed an image in my mind of woman more accustomed to the halls of a bordello than high society.

Next time you work with models in wigs try to get the stray real hairs pinned back (as in her neck) and the wig pulled forward to cover

I saw that as well, but my overall impression was that she was portraying a somewhat tawdry woman. The look, the makeup, the continuation of the eyeliner onto the side, and the hair showing all formed an image in my mind of woman more accustomed to the halls of a bordello than high society.

You made me look up the definition of tawdry lol

I like the processing style you selected. It has an interesting visual effect. I think however that she's riding a bit low within the total frame area, and that cropping off some of the top of the frame would better-balance and strengthen the overall picture. This type of photographic portrait of a single person is tricky, especially with a 3:2 aspect ratio camera...the frame is soooo tall, and sooo narrow, when the camera is that close-in and is positioned vertically. The reason I suggest cropping some off of the top is that her eyes are positioned right about the center-height of the frame,and her chin is quite low toward the bottom of the frame...it just doesn't feel as balanced as it could be with a bit cropped off of the top.

Darrel thank you for taking time to explain, but I a little confused now can you please clarify this for me: In the future the eyes in a similarly portrait should always be on the top third as oppose to 50/50 like here & therefore the image will be better balanced? Am I understanding you correctly???

Thanks,

Enezdez

I think that in a vertically-composed portrait like this one, that the level of the eyes should be easily seen as being positioned at a level that is well above the mid-level of the overall frame area. You were understanding me correctly.

I think that in a vertically-composed portrait like this one, that the level of the eyes should be easily seen as being positioned at a level that is well above the mid-level of the overall frame area. You were understanding me correctly.

Thank you very much @Derrel !

An interesting take, my impression was (from the image and the title) that they were attempting to recreate the classic cameo brooch look. :)

Whatever! Enezdez can classify this image as a success because it got people thinking and talking about it. :D :eagerness::thumbyo:

An interesting take, my impression was (from the image and the title) that they were attempting to recreate the classic cameo brooch look. :)

I completely missed that interpretation going instead with the definition "a small character part in a play or movie", but I can see the resemblance. You are correct about the success of the image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back