Camera bag that the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 fits in

photographyfanatic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotographyfanatic.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got the Canon 70-200mm f2.8 with IS. So any of you with that lens, what type of camera bag do you use that it fits into? Or do you just use the bag it came with?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have that lense with the Canon Rebel XTI and I use a Lowepro Slingslot 350 bag.

Hope you don't mind me correcting the small typo in the title.

I've got a Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400 AW that works a treat for exactly that lens and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I have a (very stuffed) lowepro nature trekker AW 2
However best thing is to try out the bags in a good shop - and take your gear with you to try and see if it fits and if its comfortable to wear. LowePro are a very good brand and offer a lifetime warrently on all their bags as well - they are also good at honoring that warrenty as well.

Would the canon 40D fit in there too? Along with one or 2 other lenses?
Definitely, mine contains a 5DII, the 70-200 f2.8 IS L, a 24-70 f2.8 L, a 16-35mm f2.8 L, a 100mm f2.8 macro, a 50mm f1.4, the 5DII battery charger, the Sekonic L358 and other assorted oddities. It still needs a few other things to go in it, like the 430EX and 580EX, at which point thing may get a little tight (and heavy), but I think they'll go with a bit of thought.

I usually use a Lowepro Computrekker AW. Typical of most backpack style bags, the centre area is great for a long lens with the camera attached. I have a couple other bags that I might use, but because they are deeper and not as wide, it's a little more awkward to pack this lens.

I believe that the 'ThinkTank Airport Security' bag is deep enough to hold this lens vertically (without camera attached).

I usually use a Lowepro Computrekker AW. Typical of most backpack style bags, the centre area is great for a long lens with the camera attached. I have a couple other bags that I might use, but because they are deeper and not as wide, it's a little more awkward to pack this lens.

I believe that the 'ThinkTank Airport Security' bag is deep enough to hold this lens vertically (without camera attached).

I use a computrekker aw as well. Plenty of room for my D2h & 80-200mm and then on the bottom facing up fits a lensless D70.

I use and strongly recommend a Domke J-1 (or J-2 or J-3 if you want a smaller bag). It fits a 70-200 standing up without being a hugely obtrusive bag. I can put everything in my signature minus the strobes in the bag if I need to, the limiting factor is weight.

I've used the lowepro stealth reporter d400 and its a great bag. It comfortably fit all my camera accessories(cleaning supplies, 4-5 extra batteries & charger, computer wires, etc). I have the 70-200 as well as a 17-85 which I kept on the lense all the time. The 400 fit all that as well at my 580ex2 and the 1.4 extender, oh and at the time i had a 30d w/ bat grip.

However, i recently added to my arsenal a gary fong diffuser as well as a quantum battery pack. I barely fit all this in the d400, which is why i went to the commercial aw bag. This bag is huge and has plenty of room, I love it and would recommend it to anyone.

OP - Do you want a back back or a shoulder bag?

I never carry that lens attached to the camera. I use Crumpler and Kata.

Crumpler is a little expensive for back packs, but their shoulder bags are reasonable. They're camera bags that don't look like camera bags.

Most reactions

Back