Camera Bag

Felix0890

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been looking for a camera bag that will fit a 450D with the grip on. I've been looking at the camera bag linked below for a while now but I just recently bought a grip. From the pictures and comments, the bag will not fit the camera with the grip. Most of my current work is done with primates at the local zoo for my research classes. The woods where the monkeys I work with are tend to get very humid and I would not like to keep taking the grip off and exposing the sensors so much. I also need to take it in and out of the bag in between cages since getting into the cages is usually a hassle that has already led to me scratching 2 filters (good thing it wasn't the lens!). I would prefer to keep it a "messenger bag" type of bag because expensive things tend to disappear at public universities. :er: I've looked around for a decent bag without any luck and I'm hoping one of you might have one that fit larger cameras and would like to comment on it. I don't mind if it doesn't fit much into it since I usually just carry the camera w/grip and 28-135 attached, the nifty fifty, and a flash.

So in short: I need a messenger style bag that will accommodate a 450D with the grip on.

Please and thanks!

Amazon.com: Tamrac 3537 Express 7 Camera Bag (Khaki): Camera & Photo

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
KmH said:
Your logic is somewhat flawed.

Filters scratch way easier than lenses do.

Tenba 638-235 Large Engraveable Messenger (Black)

That's the bag I was going to recommend!! I have the purple one one but without the engraveable plate.

It holds quite a bit an doesn't look like a camera bag. I have 4 lenses, camera body, 2 flashes and a bunch of other stuff in it. It holds a laptop or iPad. Has a ton of pockets and a zipper on top so you can pull the camera out without having to fiddle with any snaps.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Plus the top opens up so you can pull out your camera/lens with the bag on your shoulder.

I have one (without the engraveable plate) I'm not using that is still like new that I would sell for $75, including CONUS shipping.

I'm a sucker for Domke.

The only problem I'm seeing with that bag is that from what the reviews say, it can't fit a body+attached lens.

Felix0890 said:
The only problem I'm seeing with that bag is that from what the reviews say, it can't fit a body+attached lens.

Which bag? The tenba or the other one mentioned? The tenba can definitely fit a body with a lens on.

Felix0890 said:

Which bag? The tenba or the other one mentioned? The tenba can definitely fit a body with a lens on.

Yes, the Tenba linked. Two of the 5 amazon reviews say it can't fit a body with a lens. If that's just not true, I'm clicking buy asap! Do you have any pics of yours? I'd love to see a shot of the inside (from above) and also to see what shade of purple it is. :)

Felix0890 said:
Yes, the Tenba linked. Two of the 5 amazon reviews say it can't fit a body with a lens. If that's just not true, I'm clicking buy asap! Do you have any pics of yours? I'd love to see a shot of the inside (from above) and also to see what shade of purple it is. :)

I'll take a pic and post it in a minute. I probably have a smaller camera then yours (body holder is too big for my camera) but it was recommended at this store I went too. All the employees had that bag. One of the guys had like a 7d with a zoom on it in the bag. Give me a couple minutes and I'll post a picture.

Alpha said:
I'm a sucker for Domke.

I love my Domke.......I like that it doesn't look like a camera bag....doesn't say a huge brand name on it.

Wow that looks very roomy. I don't get how the 2 reviewers couldn't fit a camera+lens in there . . . unless it's a 500mm+. My camera's about the same size as yours. It just has a vertical battery grip attached. From what I see in the pics it will be able to fit just fine without having to remove the grip. Thanks a bunch for the pictures. I'll be adding this to my christmas list. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back