Camera Body and Lens Choices

william1066

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there! I'm considering upgrading DSLRs from my D60 to a D7000. Do you know any drawbacks to the D7000? I've heard about the hot pixels but it sounds pretty good other than that. Would you recommend a different camera?
Also, I'm thinking about buying a prime lens. I would really like a lens that is good quality not too light/plasticy. Maybe a 35 or 50mm. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

D7000 is a great camera. At that price point, it's probably the best camera on the market; might be the best crop sensor camera Nikon makes, unless you need the few technical advantages that a D300 provides, such as more AF points and all-metal construction. It certainly blows the 60D away, and I shoot Canon.

Where have you heard about hot pixels being a problem with this camera?

It is not too uncommon for a sensor to develop a few hot pixels over time. These can easily be dealt with in post processing, there might even be some bodies that will delete and interpolate with on board software (I don't know for sure though). If yours does have a significant problem then Nikon warranty should take care of it, if within the warranty period. Personally, I've only had one dSLR that had some, a d80, and only a few at that.

You should not have a problem finding a 50mm prime. Nikon has them in AFS and AFD and in f/1.4 and f/1.8. They are all pretty good and some are inexpensive.

Most reactions

Back