Camera Club Portrait - Ruby

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At camera club yesterday we set up a load of lights and had a portrait session. Here is the first I processed.
I used one light mostly on the backdrop, and the other camera left as the main. A reflective sheet camera left for fill...How does it look?

Ruby at Camera Club Portrait Session by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

bazooka

Reaction score
Website
www.dirtjournal.com
Photos OK to edit
Nice and sharp and good catchlight, but the actual key camera right is a bit hot on her for a key... and way too hot if it wasn't supposed to be the key. :) Is the temp the same? The camera left light looks a little cooler than the "key".

ebzonix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new to lighting but I like the detail in the shot. Such a serious face for a little girl, wish she was smiling or looking into the camera. Other than that I like it.

OP
Bend The Light

Bend The Light

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
Nice and sharp and good catchlight, but the actual key camera right is a bit hot on her for a key... and way too hot if it wasn't supposed to be the key. :) Is the temp the same? The camera left light looks a little cooler than the "key".

I'm new to lighting but I like the detail in the shot. Such a serious face for a little girl, wish she was smiling or looking into the camera. Other than that I like it.

This was the idea:

lights by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

but in reality the BG light ended up too close to the photographer, and then spilled a little on Ruby.

As for smiling, she's 6, it was 3 hours past bedtime, and she'd been posing for over an hour for other club mermbers, bless her. A wonder she was actually awake! :)

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
It appears your background light spilled and became the key, and the one you labeled main became the fill. I could be wrong though i'm a nooB student in the studio.

OP
Bend The Light

Bend The Light

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
It appears your background light spilled and became the key, and the one you labeled main became the fill. I could be wrong though i'm a nooB student in the studio.

I think you're right. :)
Can't be more of a noob at lighting than me. :)

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

Most reactions