Camera enhancements

bazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Is it best to use your in camera enhancements, sharpness, contrast, saturation etc, when shooting or set to normal and do a little work afterwards. I do the latter but i'm interested what other enthusiasts do..

Anybody help?

I think it's a combination of personal preference, photographic experience, and the desired final result. I want full control of that final result. So I turn all camera processing off and do that work myself. JMHO

If you shoot in RAW it doesn't make a difference but I still set my preferences in camera because I can always batch convert to JPG using the camera settings embedded in the RAW file.

I don't use them because I shoot RAW. If you shoot JPEG, experiment, try everything, and see what happens.

Thanks guys, I do shoot JPEG and i also turn in camera enhancements off.

I was just wondering which was best. But what is best for one, may not be right for another. All a matter of choice.

Cheers..

It's a matter of camera too. The D200 I find has insufficient default sharpening. I leave it set to +1 most of the time. Turn it off for portraits though

I agree about leaving "enhancements" off. If you let the camera process your images, information is lost and cannot be recovered. This is a big reason you see so many people shoot in RAW, which has zero information altered.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back