Camera for beginners

True enough, as far as it goes. However, future upgrades tend to be small...from 5fps burst rate to 7 fps, or from 2o MP to 21MP, or 24MP. Big leaps take many years, and several model changes, usually. If your main concern is having the latest, greatest, gear then it matters a lot whether your camera is the newest. Otherwise it matters less. A great 24 MP image is a great 24MP image...whether it comes from a brand new camera which hit the stores today...or a camera which hit the stores 5 years ago. When you are buying pro gear like a Nikon D850, or Hasselblad X1D, the cost is high, but even they should be useful for 5, or 6, years. When buying an Enthusiast / Prosumer item, like the Nikon D7200, the price is lower, especially when bought used / refurbished, and the usefulness remains for several years. Big changes in burst rates matter to professional sports photographers, but not so much to snapshooters, or 'wannabe someday pro' portrait photographers. Big changes in MP counts matter to pro portrait photogs who will blow images up to poster, or billboard, or wall, sized prints....not so much to amateurs, or pros, who will print mostly postcards, or magazine covers. Tools should fit the jobs. Some jobs need latest, greatest, gear and some jobs can make do with older gear.

he he
If my D70 from 2004 had not died, I would still be using it, 14 years later.
For me, it's only deficiency was the max ISO of 1600. And even that was not an issue for daytime shooting, or parties where I used a flash.

Most reactions

Back