camera for video focus

Agena

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, im looking to buy a camera mainly for recording.

What camera under £400-500 has very good focus during videos, and doesn't 'buffer' and struggle when in video.

Thank you

Hello and welcome. Buffering is caused by the SD card not the camera.

Hello and welcome. Buffering is caused by the SD card not the camera.
I don't know the right term.
What I'm saying is, when I will record things. Fast and slow paced.

I want the camera to focus on that object, and not constantly trying to focus.

Doesn't that depend on the 'autofocus' of the camera. I'm a beginner.

The speed of the memory card (SD or otherwise) is not the only thing that causes buffering in cameras.

'DSLRs and other digital cameras contain a camera buffer (consisting of random access memory, or RAM), which temporarily holds the data information before the camera's hardware writes it to the memory card.'

I'm sure sombody who knows what they are talking about will explain it better.

The speed of the memory card (SD or otherwise) is not the only thing that causes buffering in cameras.

'DSLRs and other digital cameras contain a camera buffer (consisting of random access memory, or RAM), which temporarily holds the data information before the camera's hardware writes it to the memory card.'

I'm sure sombody who knows what they are talking about will explain it better.
I think my question has gone another way.

What I'm originally asking is, what camera (under £400) is best when focusing on a object in video mode. And doesn't lose the object and try to refocus always and goes blurry often trying to refocus.

I think my question has gone another way.

What I'm originally asking is, what camera (under £400) is best when focusing on a object in video mode. And doesn't lose the object and try to refocus always and goes blurry often trying to refocus.
That's completely different thing from buffering. You're on about the camera's AF capabilities and that of the lens being use. There are a lot of variables here.

That's completely different thing from buffering. You're on about the camera's AF capabilities and that of the lens being use. There are a lot of variables here.

So if I'm looking for a camera that has good AF, what specs am I looking for?

Does it depend more on the lens I use, or more on the camera?

Do you have any suggestions of cameras under 400?

Dunno really as I don't shoot vid.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back