Camera HELP plz...

harryhamlin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello friends..

I want to be a good photographer...I have a habit of taking pictures with my iPhone what ever grabs my attentions and believe me..everyone liked the way I do..so I have decided to buy a good camera..I believe you know the meaning of GOOD CAMERA..so please I need your suggestions.

Thanks in advance...

Harry

Hello friends..

I want to be a good photographer...I have a habit of taking pictures with my iPhone what ever grabs my attentions and believe me..everyone liked the way I do..so I have decided to buy a good camera..I believe you know the meaning of GOOD CAMERA..so please I need your suggestions.

Thanks in advance...

Harry

Something like this would be a great starting point Amazon.com: Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black): Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
More information
Whats your price range?
How often will you be using it?
And what kind of pictures do you wish to take

I'm pretty new to the camera scene, but have learned some things through some of the research I've done. You really can't go wrong with either Nikon or Cannon. I recently purchased a Nikon D3100 and love it. It is considered entry level camera, but for a beginner will give you more then you can imagine and is a great starting point. If you have a little more money you could go with Nikons new 5100. I don't know as much about Cannon other then my friend has one and he loves it and takes amazing pics with it as well. Look for refurbished our open box items, you can find some pretty good deals there and score a entry level Dslr for around $500

Hello friends..

so I have decided to buy a good camera..I believe you know the meaning of GOOD CAMERA..

Thanks in advance...

I believe what qualifies a "good camera" is relative. For some, a good camera may be a working one that's in their possession. For others, it may be a 1Ds MKIII with all sorts of pricey glass in their bag.

Maybe if you want help, you should be less vague and start with a price range?

by all means, post some of these captures! we'd love to see your work.

Nikon D3s with a Nikon 200mm f2 should do you well :)

What is your skill level in photography? You say you've been taking pics with your phone. Is going from a camera phone to a digital Slr the right move for you? Maybe a bridge camera might be best so you can learn about manual exposure without paying the hefty price of a dslr. Also, how do you know that a good basic compact camera won't be the best camera for you right now? The point is, you have to think about what features you need in a camera and then decide how much you can spend.

Keith
Easy Basic Photography

Maybe a bridge camera might be best so you can learn about manual exposure without paying the hefty price of a dslr.

I'm going to recommend against a bridge camera. They have their uses, but they're usually about 75% or more the cost of an entry level DSLR. And if they decide they want something with interchangeable lenses, a bigger sensor, etc, they're now stuck with an expensive, inflexible bridge. If all you think you need is a bridge, then by all means, but really, a DSLR will cost you only $100-200 more (maybe more depending on make and model, yes, I know) and will be far more flexible and useful in the future. This is my opinion, but unless you have a reason to buy a bridge, it's better to either get a smaller P&S or go for broke and pick up a DSLR.

Waiting for incoming flame...lol.

i happen to agree with you gaerek.
why bother with something more limiting when you can have more functionality for a little more scratch.

a d40 with kit 18-55 can be had for cheap at adorama. im sure the same is true with the canon/pentax/olympus/sony equiv.

Most reactions

Back