Camera insurance on holiday..

Psychodoughb0y

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there,

i hope this is in the right category, wasn't sure wether to post it in off topic or not heh..

Basically im going on holiday this Thursday (7th) and been trying to find travel insurance online which has a good deal for single personal items... ie-my camera!

Someone told me it would be covered under the house insurance? But i thought that would only be if it was stolen from my house lol.

Can anyone reccomend a good travelling insurance that covers expensive items? Or point me in the right direction? I found one website for camera insurance so i guess i could just insure my camera for the year under the ''all risk'' category aswel as buying travel insurance, but would rather fin something that includes everything..

Arg hope that made sense!

Thanks people!

You should try going and talking to an insurance agent. They can write up a policy that will cover your photo equiptment from just about anything (mine even covers if I drop it and it breaks). For me it was only $35 US a year for a total of $2500 of equiptment insured and has no deductable so if anything ever happens to any part they replace it.

My house insurance covers possesions so my cameras are covered for up to 3 weeks abroad as long as I am not using them professionaly.
Check your policy or with your insurer. I think you'll find that you will be covered.

ahhh nice one

yeah i rang that camera insurance company but the lady said that they would only pay out £100 if it got damaged/stolen on holiday, so its really not worth it..

I'll givre the house insurance a ring today i think

cheers guys!

Hoorah!

Problem solved, not that anyone is probabbbly interested, heh.
I rang the house insurance and got my camera covered abroad until October for like £7 just so suprised at how cheap that is! So i'm a happy bunny :)

Zedin, which company did you use? That's a pretty good deal - is it covered internationally?
Thanks.

When you get back from your vacation/holiday, re-check with your insurance company to see if they are going to pay for the cost of the camera or for its replacement cost.

There can be a significant difference. For example, if you purchase a camera worth close to $300.00 three years ago and the current model, which will still take your lenses, is available for $450.00. How much will the insurance actually re-imburse you.

Have a good vacation/holiday.

Bill

I would have to check with them on international.. But I have it through State Farm since I also have my car insurance with them. For the most part you create an itemized list of your gear and the replacement cost. So since nikon doesn't make the sb80dx anymore its insured for how much it would cost me to get a new flash of the same quality.

Most reactions

Back