Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Litrally...

Yes...its every photographers worst fear...

In short, my camera strap gave way on my camera, and came crashing down to the floor lens first.
Not only did the lens fly of, but the film (with all mine and my mates course work pictures) came rolling out aswell...

It wasnt my mates fault the camera strap broke (he was holding it) anything I can do.

Sorry to hear about that Artemis. :( You can always just go check out the local antique stores and see if you can find a replacement.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear it. I had something similar happen to me a few years ago. On mine, thankfully the only major damage was the door that covered the battery slot. I took it to a repair shop that charged me $50 to replace the base plate and battery door and run a full test on the camera.

How much damage do you see on the camera? What kind of camera is it?

Its a Nikon F55.

My telephoto is gone, theres no rescue for that.
The actual camera seems unfased, but has some decent dents now.

The thing that took all the impact was the camera lans....but thats a 70 - 300...I loved that lens.

Thats rough! But at least the camera seems ok. See if it still shoots with another lens and if it does say happy thanks up above for its survival.

You didn't happen to have an "all risks" insurance/warranty policy did you?

I dont kno...and yes it still shoots.
my dad is gonna phone nikon up and we hope they will gimme a new one as it is their fault :)

Guess its back to saving for D70

(£40 in D70 fund)

Artemis said:
Its a Nikon F55.

My telephoto is gone, theres no rescue for that.
The actual camera seems unfased, but has some decent dents now.

The thing that took all the impact was the camera lans....but thats a 70 - 300...I loved that lens.

Oh man, I would have cried for a year if it was my telephoto that bit the dust. I am so sorry to hear that.

Oh man! I really feel for you!!! I had the same thing happen to me on a camping trip. The lens actually seperated from the mount. It was a 9 hour drive home and I beat myself up all the way. Luckily I was able to find another one used really cheap. How about a hug from someone who's been there? :hug:

nothing worse than dropping your camera. Atleast you dont have to think it was your fault :) something similar happened to me a little while ago, i sat my camera on one of those big steel poles that they have in carparks, as i crouched down to look through the EVF i grabbed the pole as i was leaning back and.... it was loose, the whole thing tipped and my camera went flying, the memory card door snapped off, the batteries rolled out and went everywhere but other than that the camera was fine- at least it wasnt a really expensive camera/lense

Yeah :)

Well...Thanks for the hugs, they help.

As for nikon, my dad has contacted them, we have to send them the camera to see if they will pay for repair...but I need another camera to cover while that one is away, so...if you guys see anything on ebay, nice basic one...please lemme know.

The odd thing was I wasnt torn up...I was even laughing a bit about it...im more torn up about girl stuff I guess :p

Thanks for the compassion though, nice to have people who know where you are.

it can be worse. My camera's mirror plate mechanism gave in 2 weeks after i bought i. Used. :(
For those who dont know - its the mechanism that flips the mirror and triggers the shutter to open up. When i pressed shutter release the camera made weird squeaky mechanical sounds and then gave up. It literally died a horribly painful death on my hands, crying out in agony. :S Ironically, the last pic that ive taken with it came out quite decent considering this was the second or third roll of film i ever shot.

Sash[DSL said:
]it can be worse. My camera's mirror plate mechanism gave in 2 weeks after i bought i. Used. :(
For those who dont know - its the mechanism that flips the mirror and triggers the shutter to open up. When i pressed shutter release the camera made weird squeaky mechanical sounds and then gave up. It literally died a horribly painful death on my hands, crying out in agony. :S Ironically, the last pic that ive taken with it came out quite decent considering this was the second or third roll of film i ever shot.
Let me guess. You bought a new looking body from a pro who wore the shutter out?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back