Camera on light stand?

Here in the great white north we have yards that may contain a garden (vegetables) and beds (flowers) after the warm weather has melted our houses. ;)

I would not put my camera up on a pole. Cripes, it is not recommended to raise the centre column of a tripod.

incidentally, in Dutch, a garden is een tuin ("town")..even more confusing! the Old English ton, appended to place names, derives from same, Germanic root - meaning a field surrounded by hedges.

just sayin...:sexywink:

On second thought, you could get yourself a century stand with boom arm. Add some counterweight or sand bags. That might work.

You'd still need a mount for the camera to the boom arm. You could probably fashion one with a tripod head and a Manfrotto Super Clamp.

Well, I wouldn't think of letting this stand on its own. I guess I should have specified since tripods are made to hold things. I mainly just need a long collapsable support that I can hold up myself. Either using like a brace ( like deep sea fisherman use ) or just bracing it on the ground and then squeezing it with my legs to stabalize. This would be for like quick shots. I wouldn't be leaving the camera up in the air for extended periods. Just for unique perspective. I like the fisherman brace idea because it would angle the pole outwards, so I could essentially put the camera over a crowded event for a good view.

A kite would work if it was a good one, my father-in-law also has a Cessna, but I don't want extreme aerial. I just want to be able to gain a unique perspective over a crowd or like a wide angle overlooking a baseball field or something. I figure 10-15 foot angled at like 60 degrees would be perfect.

i think it's mission-creep to go from the idea of an 18' DIY pole to an $153* aircraft + $200 radio (excluding cost of additional parts, recommended tools) capable of hauling a Canon T1i high into the sky and controlling it. BurstintoFlames81 would be limited to windy days, rather than the anytime/anywhere capability of his original idea.

so yes, i think you are kidding :lol:

* ''Any DSLR would be better-suited to the Deluxe Kit shown below.''
http://brooxes.com/newsite/BBKK/KITS.html

Most reactions

New Topics

Back