Camera recommendation for startup studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
when my 7year old comes and asks me a question and I notice his shoes untied I will tell him. it doesn't relate to the question he asked but its just as important, a person running a photography business should at least know the bare basics about cameras and photography in general. maybe it is a bit rude, but at the same time when you come onto a site with guys who have several years of experience running there own business. guys who have studied, learned the in's and out's of photography ,business, editing, marketing, contracts, and all the other aspects of the business and go, "hey im going to start a business to, what do I buy" it's kinda like a slap in the face to them. food for thought. also, if you think the light banter in here was rude, your in for a big shock when you get your first unhappy customer.

That's cool and all but I only wanted advice on the camera, not the business. I hate that I responded to the replies that didn't answer the question. This thread has more posts than I expected and I'm not about to go through them all so if you gave a decent answer (that really answered my question), thanks.

Why did you come to a discussion forum for something you could easily google?

Where on earth are we getting the idea that you just just google up "is such and such a camera pretty ok for doing such and such a job?"

Have any of you people actually used google, or is it just some magical thing you've heard of?

when my 7year old comes and asks me a question and I notice his shoes untied I will tell him. it doesn't relate to the question he asked but its just as important, a person running a photography business should at least know the bare basics about cameras and photography in general. maybe it is a bit rude, but at the same time when you come onto a site with guys who have several years of experience running there own business. guys who have studied, learned the in's and out's of photography ,business, editing, marketing, contracts, and all the other aspects of the business and go, "hey im going to start a business to, what do I buy" it's kinda like a slap in the face to them. food for thought. also, if you think the light banter in here was rude, your in for a big shock when you get your first unhappy customer.

That's cool and all but I only wanted advice on the camera, not the business. I hate that I responded to the replies that didn't answer the question. This thread has more posts than I expected and I'm not about to go through them all so if you gave a decent answer (that really answered my question), thanks.

maybe to discuss photography related topics with like minded individuals in an almost real-time manner in an attempt to learn from our experienced members vast wealth of knowledge?

OR....

the OP is just a masochist?

I google stuff all the time and then I read up and do my research. figure that will gain me way more knowledge then having someone tell me the answer.

Lol did you even google at all or do any research before you asked your question??
Dont answer that. I know the answer.

Why don't you go to a local studio and try to get a job as a shop hand and learn from them first?

I've read up on the t3i. Didn't say not to use it for photography mr funny guy. And take your own advice, will ya, kid? Thanks.

maybe to discuss photography related topics with like minded individuals in an almost real-time manner in an attempt to learn from our experienced members vast wealth of knowledge?

TPF isn't for discussing photographic topics!

Where on earth are we getting the idea that you just just google up "is such and such a camera pretty ok for doing such and such a job?"

Have any of you people actually used google, or is it just some magical thing you've heard of?

I typed in "camera recommendation for starting a studio", and did a Google search, and lo and behold the OP's question on that "other forum" appeared, as well as THIS VERY AMAZING thread that we are on right NOW, here in TPf land!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!! Plus, some good links to videos on how to begin a studio, including one on e-How.

Anyway, I still suggest a PAIR of Canon 5D "classic" bodies, and 35,50,85, and 70-200 f/4 L lenses, plus some flash units, and some modifiers.

camera recommendation for starting a studio - Google Search

TPF isn't for discussing photographic topics!

I keep forgetting.
someone post some MEME's...STAT!

I typed in "camera recommendation for starting a studio", and did a Google search, and lo and behold the OP's question on that "other forum" appeared, as well as THIS VERY AMAZING thread that we are on right NOW, here in TPf land!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!

HELLO GOOGLE SEARCHERS! WE MEAN YOU NO HARM! REMAIN CALM AND MOVE SLOWLY, KEEPING YOUR HANDS IN SIGHT AT ALL TIMES. PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR LEADERS.

THANK YOU.

To get all the advice I could get. I don't limit my questions to a google search. No worries. Don't plan on asking anything here again since google has all the answers. Thanks.

To get all the advice I could get. I don't limit my questions to a google search. No worries. Don't plan on asking anything here again since google has all the answers. Thanks.

NOW your catching on!
welcome to TPF

You guys just ran off the next big pro!!! What is wrong with you people?!?! I mean her studio is going to be AWESOME at a size smaller than the bedroom I had at my parents' house!

I am curious about something!

If you don't even know enough about cameras to know that the Canon T3i is an entry level camera, and not the best choice for professional portraiture... how are you going to be able to do professional quality portraiture? What about lighting? Posing?

We see a lot of threads like this... and I am really trying to understand HOW anyone thinks they can just pick up a camera, and go into business without knowledge, experience or skill? Please explain that to me!

Big DSLR kit camera, big watermark, such and such photography facebook page is all thats needed. Didn't you know? Sheesh, some folks should spend more time in bestbuy consulting the photo sections sales clerks
bigthumb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back