Camera sling bag

Dao

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I had a camera backpack and a smaller shoulder bag. But the shoulder bag was not big enough so I was looking for bigger one and came across a sling bag at Sam's club and I bought it.

The bag is a copy of lowepro slingshot 200aw. The material and the look are similar. The only different I found is the lowepro has a better internal compartment. Other than that, they are very similar but the one at Sam's club is $39.xx. Half the cost of the slingshot.

Here is the picture of the one sell at Sam's club

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=387211

And just like the original, it also has the rain coat cover build-in.

So if you are in the market of getting a camera bag and looking for a lower cost bag, you may want to check it out and see if you like it or not.

The "slingbag" types are cool and work well, but what I do not like is that all the weight is placed over one shoulder/side and in time that causes back/shoulder pain over one where the weight is divided up and centered equally across both shoulders.

If you use it a lot, the backpack design is just a lot better.

Yes .. I 100% agree. :)

And that is why I have one backpack and one shoulder (now sling style). For comfort, can't beat the backpack. :sexywink:
For convenience, shoulder/sling style works better. Especially for walk-around and swapping lenses type situation. (I do not have a super zoom type lens .... hahaha and not planning to buy it)

But for a longer trip and I need to bring my tripod ... I will use the backpack (I can tie the tripod at the bottom of the backpack)

But just compare the sling and the shoulder style, the sling feel more comfortable.

I saw this bag when I was there the last time. I meant to put a post up here about it. Good info for everyone.

If you're not loaded for bear and not carrying f/2.8 zooms, the SlingShot suits me well for quick access to my gear. On a day hike (loaded for bear) my right shoulder and muscles became sore.

I will be looking into a Flipside bag for those long days.

Most reactions

Back