What's new

Camera Strap Attachment for a Heavy Lens

Rizzo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 28, 2016
Messages
20
Reaction score
3
I have a heavy telephoto lens attached to my DSLR camera. I want to attach the camera strap in such a way so as to be comfortable, but to take the weight of the lens off of the camera lens mount. Therefore, would it be preferable to attach both ends of the strap to the foot of the lens collar? Or one of the ends to the foot of the lens collar & the other end to the camera body? I would appreciate your thoughts if this is something you have sorted out. Thank you so much.
 
I have used a double camera harness and put both harness attachments on the tripod foot. This puts the camera nicely on you front ready to shoot and all of the weight is on the tripod for and not the mount.
 
I use a K&F camera strap Adjustable Camera Strap Etsy K&F Concept
They go over the shoulder and attach with a hook and eyelet that screws into the tripod socket on the camera or lens.
They are inexpensive and do the job well. I use one with my Nikon D500 with af-s 200-500 zoom which is a real boat anchor. I attach the eyelet connector to the tripod bracket on the lens so the weight of the lens is supported by the strap and not the camera. They are available on ebay

 
Last edited:
I'm still trying different configurations, but right now, this one is working pretty well. One on the camera, one on the opposite tripod collar.

strap.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom