Camera vs. Me....probably me..

LisaMarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello hello, so i am having some shading problems with me new 5d and have come to the conclusion that is must be something i am doing wrong vs. the camera! My problem is that in all my pictures it seems the camera adds alot of shading to everything, and those darker shaded areas then create a really noisey looking pic. I have now fiddled with the white balance(although it could still be something i am doing wrong there) checked the cameras sharpening,contrast,ect, and its currently set at 0 (which means that should be fine there too?), and have been making sure i have been shooting at 100 ISO in total broad daylight...so definatly not an issue of not using a flash...hmmm....can some body tell me what i am probably doing wrong :( :( heres a pic i took to show you a perfect example of what i mean, haha and p.s. just took some sample shots, so definatly not beauties! LOL
3523068617_6f0496bbba_b.jpg

3523063291_82a8b37f1e_b.jpg

3523887654_b863a49b9a_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3603/3523887654_b863a49b9a_b.jpg

Ok, so i am re-looking at these and am thinking after posting them i have discovered the reasoning behind my madness! My computer monitor is 22" wide screen, and i think that the pictures are maybe at there max resolution at that size and that may be the problem...because they look fine now..i dunno.

If your not adding the vignetting I can sure see it. What lens are you using?

24-105mm f4L with a tiffon uv filter, and please explain what vignetting is? Thanks

Vignetting is that dark outer shade you see around the frame of your picture. You can see the corners in your photos are dark. Some photographers add this to there photos to bring attention towards the middle of there photo. You will see alote of wedding photos with this effect.

Than theres your lens that will cause this at certain F/stop or zoom or combination of both. You might want to read up some reviews on that lens and see what point is the worst for vignetting, Than try to avoid those setting if possible.

Im no pro, hopefully someone with more experience will come along and give you more info.

No prob i always appreciate advice! And actually it doesnt really bother me too much since i always Vignette(haha now that i know the terminology) most of my pics in post anyways!! Thanks

Most reactions

Back