Cameras in Darkroom?

When I first read this post, I assumed it was a joke (perhaps it is?). In all honesty there's more chance of an accident in daylight than in a darkroom. As has been said, people working in darkrooms are used to working in the dark. It's when they emerge from the darkroom that an accident is more likely to happen, due to the sudden change in light conditions. I've worked in darkrooms for 40 years without any accidents, primarily because those around me know where everything is and any darkroom (including my own) has a red safelight so it's not 100% dark. As for having a camera watching me, well it just wouldn't happen and I hope the OP is not seriously considering this. My advice is, have faith in your employees and leave well alone.

My advice is, have faith in your employees and leave well alone.
Rank number 5 of the most common cause of death are accidents, if you know a solution for curing it you'll get a Nobel prize.

I have no knowledge of how security camera works, but a quick google of "infrared security camera" came up with cameras that cost less then $200.

If I was employed, I would like to have some sort of safety measures implemented in my working space. I would have less faith in my employer if he/she didn't care about my well being. Anything is better then getting injured or die.

theres no much that can go wrong where you cant just walk out of the dark room.

would you put a camera in the bathroom? god forbid they have a stroke on the toilet and no one to come rescue them.

all this is just about a boss not putting trust into his employees

Most reactions

New Topics

Back