Camilla, Vintage beauty

Nice.

Oh wait, apparently a one-liner response is not appreciated by the general concensus at TPF, much less a one word reply. Let's see...... it doesn't suck, I like the colors in #1 and you have a nice B&W conversion on #2. Although Camilia is inanimate, perhaps a little warning would be advised. :biglaugh:

Seriously, very cool on the mannequins. I like the vintage look. I check on Craigs List every now and then for one myself. Have fun with her and her mates. Perhaps a tea party?

Back when mannequins looked human. Haha

Nice.
Let's see...... it doesn't suck,

HaHa, I've reached a fine peak. Thanks. I thought about a warning but talked myself out of it since it's a life size barbie doll. You wouldn't put a NSFW on Barbie. Would you? Either way, the mod gods will trample on it if I've made an under-estimation on the seductiveness of a doll. Now if I could blow it up..... different story.

Have also been looking for years for an affordable mann. Jeezzz they are expensive. Walking into my friends workshop was like a goldmine of treasures.

First one does nothing for me. The second is quite nice. Removing the color lets the patchy paint on the mannequin play better as echoing graphical elements with the groups of flowers in the surrounding area.

Good breadth of tone. Might consider pulling the white flowers on the right up a little, to give a little more sparkle/interest/pop to that darker area. Little lights in dark areas, little spots of dark in light areas: very pictorial. For whatever that's worth.

First one does nothing for me. The second is quite nice. Removing the color lets the patchy paint on the mannequin play better as echoing graphical elements with the groups of flowers in the surrounding area.

Good breadth of tone. Might consider pulling the white flowers on the right up a little, to give a little more sparkle/interest/pop to that darker area. Little lights in dark areas, little spots of dark in light areas: very pictorial. For whatever that's worth.

Thanks for the comment. I tried many different flowers as a background. (Picture the weird looks as I carry around a naked torso along side the road!) This turned out the best in terms of balance. I have trouble seeing the big picture so I will take your advice and notice the darker areas more next time I'm out. Also the more I look at it the more I see the white diagonal from her mouth to her boob. Why don't you see this stuff when you are out?? lol

There's some really nice echoed shapes in the "model" but I didn't mention those, because you don't get to take credit for those ;) BUT, finding some other object to repeat or contrast with those nice curves, that would be a great thing to think about. Well, I'd think about it, if I were shooting a mannequin, anyways. Or probably I'd forget to, give the mannequin back, and kick myself. Because THAT, my friend, is HOW I ROLL.

If you like "her" shape just wait until I put her legs on. She is one bada-boom-bada-bing lady. Then I will need a ruling on the NSFW thing. I don't like the idea of hiding her in a members only part of the forum. Strategic foliage ala Venus on a clamshell time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back