swmocity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so started shooting in RAW...and when i use photoshop to open them this happens

SP32-20080620-122504.gif

those red color cover up my pictures

its showing you where it considers there to be overexposed elements of the shot - it does the same for underexposed areas with a blue highlight.
to remove it look to the histogram in the top righthand corner of the window. Above it there are two little triangles - a black one and a white one. Click on the white to hide the red overlay.
Its also only an overlay so you can save as it looks there and it won't cover your shot in any way

thats called highlight preview mode... its showing you the bright areas...just turn it off!

See the little white arrow in the top right corner, by the histogram... click it ;)

Edit: ah ok Overread was faster then me :p

oh haha ok thanks...i thought it was something wrong with my memory card/camera or something..and what about the yellow triangle..looks like some type of warning signal or something

If your talking about the yellow triangle all the way to the right, that just means that you have security updates to download. Hold your mouse over it and it should tell you that.

If your talking about the yellow triangle all the way to the right, that just means that you have security updates to download. Hold your mouse over it and it should tell you that.
no not that lol its actually in photoshop...ill get a pic of it

Save yourself the effort. The yellow triangle that pops up (if we're talking about the same one in the top left of the preview area) means it's still processing the file and what you see is not what you get. You may notice a quality difference when it's finished, and it usually appears longest when you first open a RAW file.

Save yourself the effort. The yellow triangle that pops up (if we're talking about the same one in the top left of the preview area) means it's still processing the file and what you see is not what you get. You may notice a quality difference when it's finished, and it usually appears longest when you first open a RAW file.
yea that was the one im talking about..thanks

Most reactions

Back