Can anyone please advise on achieving a certain look?

hoanghieu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A Baltimore-based insurance company is attempting to reduce its suit-and-tie image with lots of eye-catching help-wanted How To Choose Buy The Perfect My | Your First Skateboard ads that concentrate on an infinitely more diverse pool of potential employees.

Zurich Personal Insurance coverage is running ads including whether youthful man riding a skateboard, a woman smoking a cigar or possibly guy jumping out of your plane to attract applicants who otherwise wouldn't consider employment in insurance.

"We'd have loved to awaken the, that has formerly been very conservative," pointed out Jennifer Giffen, their human sources recruiter. "We are together with your images allowing potential employees realize that employment in insurance may be fun."

Individuals available on the market praise Zurich's nontraditional approach. Zurich Personal can be a division within the Zurich Group, that's headquartered in Europe.

"I uncover it a neat ad," pointed out Mark T. Stone, communications manager for Fidelity and Guaranty Existence Insurance Co. in Baltimore. "Many individuals don't consider [insurance] as being a profession, meaning you should get creative to get people's attention."

Stone pointed out while using the competition for qualified insurance workers beginning to warm-up, companies need to set themselves apart. "It's important for each corporation to provide something quite different to attract applicants."

William C. Summers, executive director within the Professional Insurance Marketing Association in Bethesda, pointed out the ads are fairly unique available on the market.

"I haven't seen some factor such as this,In . he pointed out. "Lots of worldwide publication rack really a lot more conservative than U.S. companies.

This is often frequently frequently maybe an effort ... to develop in addition to obtain within the U.S."

Stone cautioned that although it's good for virtually every corporation to portray themselves as being a fun spot to function, you have to convey they take selling insurance seriously. how to know what size skateboard to get

Michael L. Kent, senior v . p . of corporate development for Zurich Personal, pointed out there's some "adverse reaction" within the organization within the campaign.

"Many individuals discover it somewhat within the edge," he pointed out. "But we figure if someone wants to try blog, we ought so that you can.In .

The ads, that have been running in local and out-of-condition newspapers and trade magazines since early May, produce a large splash with other people trying to find work, Giffen pointed out.
original.jpg

Within the initial couple of days within the campaign, Giffen pointed out, the company received more than 100 responses.

The ads were produced by JWG Associates in Philadelphia. Giffen pointed out the business didn't charge Zurich to produce the ads, however that it is the organization typically $2,500 every time a billboard lies.

To date, the campaign has boosted their ranks by greater than 65 people. The company, which focuses its core operations on homeowners and vehicle insurance, is recruiting because of its Baltimore-area offices and claim offices in Hartford, Indiana and Sacramento, Calif.

One of the new employees, Giffen pointed out, is numerous backgrounds and experience.

Giffen pointed out she found the company last December after ceo Stephen J. Leaman made the decision the recruitment effort must be revamped. Formerly, just about all applicants were males, plenty of whom is really a coverage background.

While people are great hires, Giffen pointed out the company required to improve its amount of in addition to minorities.

The business-new campaign, she pointed out, has attracted applicants different in age from 19 to 63, plenty of whom are women, African- and Asian-American.

"We actually selected over diversify, not just as it is the very best response to complete within the perspective, speculate you might need a little pressure that mirrors our customer population. how to ride a skateboard step by step

Last edited:
Caution - 1 NSFW towards the end of the set!!

LAURA STEVENS | Works

Quite a few are single off camera lit, using the shadows. I don't there there is a whole lot of special post work in these.

Last edited:
There's considerable post processing applied to achieve these.

First: High contrast light.
If all you did was to underexpose then the blacks in the image would crush so you can't just do this in the camera.

Contrary to the OP's description, these images do not have solid blacks, they do not have a good tonal range and they do not seem 'light.'

These images are characterized by: high contrast lighting, weak blacks, extremely compressed tonal range, low saturation, and darkness. A lot of post work is required because every line of code in a camera's metering system software, image processing software, and raw conversion and/or editing software is designed to catch the above and fix it.

Here's a set of histograms. The top is one of Steven's typical photos from the series and the bottom is the photo of roses below. What you see: histogram shifted left = dark image. Histogram barely makes it to the halfway point = very dark image. Long thin right side tail of histogram indicates small but brighter (can't really say highlights) patches due to high contrast lighting. Histogram barely reaches left corner = weak blacks.

histograms.jpg

To achieve similar I took a high contrast lit subject and reduced the exposure while preventing the blacks from darkening. This dramatically reduces contrast. I further reduced contrast. I then lowered saturation. A heavy vignette adds to the darkness -- Stevens uses a heavy vignette.

roses.jpg

Joe

try lowering the midtones with a curves adjustment. put a control point in about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way up to tack the curve to the centerline (put in the control point, but don't adjust it, just leave it) then put another control point about 1/3 of the way up and drag it down a bit

then desaturate a bit

experiment with a large radius unsharp mask as well these feel like they have the locl contrast popped

Looks more like a lack of post-processing than any special post processing. I like the look, just looks like natural light or a single point of light. I'm an outdoor natural light guy so don't know much about studio lighting.

Decent photography; obysmal editing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back