What's new

can anyone recommend a camera please?

mugpug

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 11, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hello, can anyone recommend a camera for showing my items to their best advantage on eBay. I mainly sell high end fashion and handbags.


I want a digital point and click camera that’s easy to use and cuts down on the amount of time I am currently spending on editing


I currently use a Panasonic Lumix dmc fz50 but I want something that gives a sharper image and a more realistic colour representation, I have added a couple of photos to show the kinds of results I want to achieve



I have heard great things of the Canon d5???



[FONT=&amp]I should add that I am not very savy with cameras so the simpler the better[/FONT]
 
Go to your local drug store. I'm sure you can find something there. I think the Canon 5D is a little out of your league and budget.

So what is "my league" exactly ?

I did a bit of photography whilst I was at art school so I'm not a total dummy

I would like to spend under £3000

No condescending replys please !
 
Your issue is more likely the lighing, than the camera.

The only way to avoid condescending replies, is to avoid posting in publc discussion forums.

Just buying gear usually won't cut it. There is no substitute for learning how to use the tools effectively to do photography.
 
Your issue is more likely the lighing, than the camera.

The only way to avoid condescending replies, is to avoid posting in publc discussion forums.

Just buying gear usually won't cut it. There is no substitute for learning how to use the tools effectively to do photography.

Thank you I appreciate any constructive advice.

What would you recommend in terms of lighting ?
 
Go to your local drug store. I'm sure you can find something there. I think the Canon 5D is a little out of your league and budget.

So what is "my league" exactly ?

I did a bit of photography whilst I was at art school so I'm not a total dummy

I would like to spend under £3000

No condescending replys please !

3k sterlin pounds? go for 5D Mark II + 24-105 F4 then 80% of your problem is resolved. the rest is just lighting and your own skills.
 
Go to your local drug store. I'm sure you can find something there. I think the Canon 5D is a little out of your league and budget.

So what is "my league" exactly ?

I did a bit of photography whilst I was at art school so I'm not a total dummy

I would like to spend under £3000

No condescending replys please !

3k sterlin pounds? go for 5D Mark II + 24-105 F4 then 80% of your problem is resolved. the rest is just lighting and your own skills.


At the moment I use daylight with my items in a light diffusing tent as my studio has very strong natural light.
What would you suggest in terms of lighting for a more professional look, I've been wanting to invest in good lighting for a while but I'm not sure what to go for as the choice is so vast.
Thank you for your help
 
£3000 is a lot of money to spend on a camera. You won't need to spend anywhere near that amount. A Nikon D3100 from Jessops for £400 would be more than adequate for the type of shots you're taking. Throw in a Nikon 50mm AF-S 1.8 lens for another £200 if you want a bit better image quality and better depth of field and you're good to go. You'll probably need to spend some time playing around with the settings at first to get the look that you want, but once you've got it then you're set.

As for lighting, well, that's a seperate issue and there's all sorts of options out there. Depends upon personal preference really.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom