Which Mirrorless Camera

Con81a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I am in the market for a used Mirrorless camera, I am limited with budget £300.
Ideally could be used for Astro photography as well as normal daily photography.
I want the compactness of the mirrorless, so not looking at DSLRs
I have been pondering over the following cameras all in the region of my budget. Please also suggest anything else.
Olympus E-M10 II
Sony A6000
Panasonic GX7
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX80

Many thanks

Wow. what a disappointing thread.

@cgw if you don’t like a question on the forum, feel free to scroll on by. It’s not up to you to judge if someone’s question is worthy.

@Con81a there’s a report button - use it. If you get this type of response, there’s no need to fire back and get nasty.

Hello, I am in the market for a used Mirrorless camera, I am limited with budget £300.
Ideally could be used for Astro photography as well as normal daily photography.
I want the compactness of the mirrorless, so not looking at DSLRs
I have been pondering over the following cameras all in the region of my budget. Please also suggest anything else.
Olympus E-M10 II
Sony A6000
Panasonic GX7
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX80

Many thanks
none of those are bad options. I don't know anything about astrophotography, but all of them should do just fine for daily photography. ultimately though, you aren't just buying a camera, but a camera system. you might want to look into what lenses each system has and compare that with what you will need for the type of photography you plan on doing.

the biggest difference in the options you listed is the sensor size. the Sony has an APS-C size sensor (23.5x15.6mm) while the Olympus and Panasonic cameras have a smaller micro 4/3 sensor (17.3x13mm). the smaller sensor doesn't do as well in low light, but it also means the camera and lenses can be smaller.

of the options listed, I would personally lean towards the Sony A6000. The performance of the 24mp APS-C is really good and Sony has a large variety of lenses available.
you might also want to look into Fujifilm. I went to Fuji when I switched to a mirrorless system years ago. with some hunting, you might find a Fuji x-a3 around your budget with a kit lens. it will have a 24mp APS-C sensor like the Sony A6000.

A used Fuji XT2 and Samyang 12mm are what I used for Milkyway photography for the last few years. I still have them both just for astro It’s a great and inexpensive combo.

Salt Marsh Milky Way by SharonCat..., on Flickr

I used my Fuji X-S10 a couple of weeks ago with the Ronkinon / Samyang 12 f2 (still to be processed). But it was able to handle noise nicely and very shart images from that lens. May get one of those for cheap as the newer X-S20 is out

Most reactions

New Topics

Back