Can anyone recommend a good shooting location within 100 miles or so of Phoenix?

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'll be traveling to Phoenix for work in a few weeks. My first time to AZ. I'm arriving on Sunday and have most of the day to myself, and will have a rental car. Can anyone recommend a good picturesque landmark or location that I could go shoot?

I used to live in Phoenix and miss it every day!

I would second Sedona if you want to travel a little, the combination of the red rocks and the pines is beautiful.

For a more local destination, the ride to Bartlett lake is pretty nice and the area can be quite scenic.

Thanks for the responses. I've determined that I'll have enough time to make it all the way up to Horseshoe Bend, so that's what I'm going to do. But I won't have time for anything else; I'll need to hustle to get up there to shoot before and during sunset, and then it will be dark during my return trip.

Thanks for the responses. I've determined that I'll have enough time to make it all the way up to Horseshoe Bend, so that's what I'm going to do. But I won't have time for anything else; I'll need to hustle to get up there to shoot before and during sunset, and then it will be dark during my return trip.

Sedona is on the way but I understand that your time is limited.

Have fun!

Most reactions

Back