vishalmerani
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Feb 2, 2010
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- new york
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I have been searching for a fisheye lens for ny nikon d50 but it seems that the only options are:
Nikon 10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX Fisheye Nikkor Lens ~$650
Sigma 10mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Fisheye Lens ~$650
Opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 Manual Focus Aspherical Fisheye Lens ~$300
Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical Fisheye Manual Focus Lens ~$300
Besides these, there are some under $50 adapters that arent really fisheye lenses and online reviews for these arent too nice.
Is there a cheaper option available for getting a good fisheye lens? Are the Rokinon and Obteka lenses good?
EDIT: I have been doing some more research and the samyang 8 mm looks pretty good. http://www.flickr.com/photos/5y12u3k/sets/72157619250695100/
I have been searching for a fisheye lens for ny nikon d50 but it seems that the only options are:
Nikon 10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX Fisheye Nikkor Lens ~$650
Sigma 10mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Fisheye Lens ~$650
Opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 Manual Focus Aspherical Fisheye Lens ~$300
Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical Fisheye Manual Focus Lens ~$300
Besides these, there are some under $50 adapters that arent really fisheye lenses and online reviews for these arent too nice.
Is there a cheaper option available for getting a good fisheye lens? Are the Rokinon and Obteka lenses good?
EDIT: I have been doing some more research and the samyang 8 mm looks pretty good. http://www.flickr.com/photos/5y12u3k/sets/72157619250695100/
Last edited:
Was my first thought when I was reading the post. Keith nailed it. There are many people who see photos shot with the fishes and all of a sudden want one. Then when getting one and using it for a short time dont like the results. I actually use mine alot, I have the 10.5 but, I have learned what it is good for and, when to use it. Here is my suggestion depending on where you live, if you have any stores that rent lenses, rent it and try it first. I have known many people that find it is novel but, then it wears off quickly when they cant get what they want. If they will rent to you there are some places that let you rent to buy, costs are slightly higher but, it is a good way to get glass that you want.