can i get some good macro shots with this lens?

ill look into it. im going to look around for some soon so ill keep that in mind. do you know of any good places to take photos in ct? i just moved here a few months ago and dont really know anything around.

Welcome to Connecticut. Kind of bleak this time of year, ain't it. :(

Since I live a lot closer I go to New York a lot. Not sure what is around your part of the state. Boston, maybe :D

Nikon 60mm macro - a good short focal length macro lens and a good option for budget and working with static subjects (I also belive it is only crop sensor camera compatable - ie it won't work on a fullframe camera body*)

Both the D and G versions of this lens work on full frame.

The D type goes for ~$475 and is a rugged lens. Good for walking around too. I paid $419 a couple of years ago, on sale.

The G is ~$525.

thank you for the info. if any of you guys plan on selling a macro lens please let me know :)

chyeah, i have the apo macro version also, to be frank, its a 160 dollar lens, take from it what you will, i (a month later after buying it) bought a new one because it was such a piece of ****. For macro, it depends how close, it can get pretty close, but as you might have noticed with this lens, the quality is just constantly ****, so.. idk, just go out and try but it depends how macro you would like to get :)

Wait there are D and G versions - all they are missing is an O version right in the middle ;) (sorry your ava started that line of thinking).. But thanks for the info - I edited my first post just to lessen confusion :)

Also Instinct you're confusing me - are you complimenting the lens or insluting it (dispite getting two of them)?? ?? ??

Most reactions

Back