Can so.eine tell me how this is done

long lens, shallow DOF, and heavy post-processing.

Lol.. just noticed I butchered the title. Sorry guys. But thanks for the replies. Yes, I figured there was a lot of PP involved. Also I have noticed that there is also some choosing in what colors the subject have on. I have been searching for this processing techniques but have had zero luck. I love these pictures.

it's not the gear....well anyone with the best gear can't necessarily take images like those. It's the lighting. This photographer is patient, very patient and waits until his/her ambient light is perfect.

I would vote those photos as good examples of mostly poor use of ambient light.

In most of the photos the subjects have dark eye sockets and/or under exposed faces giving the backgrounds more visual weight than what one would presume is the primary subject, the people.

Lol.. just noticed I butchered the title. Sorry guys. But thanks for the replies. Yes, I figured there was a lot of PP involved. Also I have noticed that there is also some choosing in what colors the subject have on. I have been searching for this processing techniques but have had zero luck. I love these pictures.

searching for "processing technique" probably won't get you far. again, long expensive large aperture lens and the right light help create the images (in the link I provided, maybe similar to your link)'

Most reactions

Back