Can someone help me find a flashgun?

antere07

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Basically im looking at getting a flashgun in the next few weeks. My sister has asked me to take pictures of her newborn baby when he arives and hopefull i can get it before then .But i know they can be expensive and to be honest at the moment im not rolling in it i was looking at getting a cheap flashgun to get used to it and see how much i actually use it. Ive looked on endless photography sights and i cant find any that are under about £70 then i looked on ebay and its not much different so i was wondering what these are like and if anyone had any experience with either of these or an equivalent off ebay like this

flashgun YN-460 II Speedlite for Canon 5D 550D 1000D | eBay UK

Or maybe a macro ring flash like this
Macro Ring Flash LED Light for Canon/Sony/Niko

I realise these arnt the best quality flashgun/marcro ring going but they are more in my price range at the moment, im thinking if i get one of these and get on well using it i will eventually invest in a more expencive one

My camera is a nikon d3000 if that is any help

Would appreciate the help.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
First of all, the ring "flash" isn't a flash/strobe at all, it's an LED light source and TOTALLY unsuitable for what you want, regardless of it's quality. The other unit will work, to a point. It will be manual only on your camera, meaning that you will have to calculate your exposure based on subject-to-camera distance each time you shoot, which isn't difficult, but can be a pain. For what you'll get out of that unit for it's cost, I would live with the onboard pop-up flash for a while and save some mroe money. Look for a used Nikon SB600, or one of many Sigma models with a Nikon iTTL module allowing you to use fully automatic modes.

either try used flashes or just get a constant light source

Realise this thread is abit old now but thought ide use it again instead of making a new one

I have a mate who is selling a Sigma EF-500ST.

Was wondering if this flash gun would be ok for my nikon d3000

Cheers

YN 468 has Ettl. Got mine for a good price on ebay...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back