Can someone help me identify this camera mount

Mcrooke57

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can someone help me identify this lens mount. I got it off of Ebay and they said it was an EF mount for a Canon camera but it isn't and I don't know what kind of mount it is. 20230817_194207.jpg
20230817_181303.jpg

Post a pic of the front

Can someone help me identify this lens mount. I got it off of Ebay and they said it was an EF mount for a Canon camera but it isn't and I don't know what kind of mount it is.View attachment 268140
View attachment 268141

I wondered about an earlier FD mount for SLRs , but looking at photos I don't think so. Maybe a breech lock?? doesn't quite look like it... an FL mount for their QL (quick load) cameras?? (edit - Or maybe a more recent RF mount??)

It doesn't look quite like any of those earlier ones, but the lens looks more vintage than new to me... Canon had too many different lens mounts! Try KEH, they have good pictures of various Canon lenses so you can see the backs.

Is it a Canon lens or another brand that's supposed to fit Canon?

Last edited:
Front will identify the brand and may even have serial number to solve the mystery.
If it's a 3rd party lens, the front view is likely to tell you nothing. Note in the link I posted, all photos show the mount - for a reason.

From the pic, it looks like an older Pentax K-mount

Most reactions

New Topics

Back