Can someone tell me if I am dreaming??

FieldsForests

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just saw a 50d at this website for $500??
Canon EOS 50D 15.1 MP Digital Camera

Is this a scam? Is this an actual 50d?

What I'm confused about is if they're selling the battery seperate so that when you buy it you can't charge your camera (lol), or am I mistaken and this is real?

I think I just pooped my pants.

So it seems that you MUST buy accessories with the camera which are expensive.

But I could just get the body couldn't I and then buy the battery and charger from a seperate site. I see no problem in this?

But I could just get the body couldn't I and then buy the battery and charger from a seperate site. I see no problem in this?

Nope. If you refuse all the extra junk, they'll be mysteriously "out of stock" -- and at best your order will be cancelled. At worst, they'll also steal your credit card number and/or charge it some bizarre "fee" despite never sending you anything.

It's a scam...you'd be better off responding to your *cough* "cousin" in Nigeria about that bank account he's willing split with you. :er:

these expensive accessories they try to supposedly upsell you are the items that originally come with the camera from the manufacturer......

Their website has a snapshop of their storefront and even includes hours of operation, yet there's no address to be found anywhere on the website. Hell, there's not even a phone number with an area code. No mention of the company's legal name anywhere either.

I don't think it gets any more suspicious than this. Add the reviews found everywhere and you have yourself a business that would be considered illegal in many places.

Their website has a snapshop of their storefront and even includes hours of operation, yet there's no address to be found anywhere on the website. Hell, there's not even a phone number with an area code. No mention of the company's legal name anywhere either.

I don't think it gets any more suspicious than this. Add the reviews found everywhere and you have yourself a business that would be considered illegal in many places.

I couldn't find anything, either. I sent them an email asking for an address....

If you send me $100, I will sell you a 5D, 24-70 L, and 70-10000 L, for only $12.25, however it is mandatory that you purchase a $150,000,000 filter.

It is MINDBLOWING how many people think you can get something for nearly nothing.

Most reactions

Back