Can you fit a non-Contax lens to a Contax G1?

subwoofer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So far I've come up empty handed on this so hoped someone here might be able to help point me in the right direction.

Being the most well versed family member in photographic equipment, this has fallen to me, and it relates to my step daughter's wish to use a Contax G1 camera body, but without paying the relatively high price for the G1's lenses.

There are adapters for almost every lens the mount type, but I just cannot find one to allow fitting of 'LENS-A' to a Contax G1 body.

So far my step daughter has purchased a G1 body and a pancake lens with CY fit lens. Following someone's advice she bought an adapter, but it turned out to be a CY to Micro 4/3, so is no good.

The Contax lenses are well regarded and there are adapters to fit these lenses to just about every brand of camera, but the reverse does not seem to be true. I just cannot find an adapter that fits the Contax G mount on the G1 body.

Please help me get to a final conclusion, either to find a source for an adapter, or to know that it is just not possible, and that the G1 can only be used with original lenses.

Thanks in advance for your input.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back