Can you see this? Is it too dark? (Monitor check)

bla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I know this picture is pretty dark, in the needs-light sense. I'm wondering what you can see on your screens. I sent this to a friend of mine and he said he couldn't see anything at all... Is my monitor too bright? Appreciate any help in this matter.

DSC_01493.jpg

I see GREY snow where I would expect something whiter. The picture is underexposed but I can still see what's in it.

to me it looks blue-ish grey (white-balance off?), and severely underexposed. however I can see most details.

if it was not for the strong blue-colour cast, I would say it looks like what you sometimes see in winter nights after your eyes adapt to the darkness (with no artificial light and no strong moon)

Awesome, thanks everyone. I knew the image was very underexposed, I just wanted to see if my monitor was showing things properly.

get use to calibrate your monitor regularly. it is a crucial process. If you are working with a printer or scanner, they too have to calibrated properly. (if you are working for commercial purposes)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back