can you tell me what lens this is?

AceBoogie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is probably the most noob post so be gentle. i'm new here and a novice just getting started with a t3i, 50mm 1.8 tripod rig and follow focus and i'm ready to start adding new lenses. Yesterday i was watching a video online and noticed a specific camera view looked really cool and i instantly wanted to know what lens it was. fortunately they showed the camera man and you can see the front of his lens so i was hoping between seeing the lens (first two pics) and the result of the lens (3rd pic) and the distance at which he was from the subjects one of you pro's could help me figure out what lens this is.

EDIT pics removed due to TOS. here is a link to the video
!
8:50 you can see the camera and at 8:58 you can see the shot from the camera. i'm not looking for the EXACT lens just a recommendation on what will give me that look at that distance from the subject on my t3i. any assistance is highly appreciated!

any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
To quote one of the other moderators - Overread:

"TPF has a general policy (FAQ) on the forums notallowing us to embed/attach photos which we do not own/have distribution rightsto. We can, however, make direct links to photos on their original hostedwebsite. So I must ask that you edit your post to reflect this."

There is a FAQ link near the top of each forum page.

Any one here can only speculate what lens that photographer is using because not even a brand name is visible.

come on KMH i told you be gentle i'm new lol. j/k thanks sorry i didn't do my homework first.

To quote one of the other moderators - Overread:

"TPF has a general policy (FAQ) on the forums notallowing us to embed/attach photos which we do not own/have distribution rightsto. We can, however, make direct links to photos on their original hostedwebsite. So I must ask that you edit your post to reflect this."

There is a FAQ link near the top of each forum page.

Any one here can only speculate what lens that photographer is using because not even a brand name is visible.

does this include screenshots from video because thats what these are. i'm not sure how i can do that unless i ask everyone to watch a video on another site i guess. i'll go locate the time of each shot above in the video add a link to the video and the times and delete the photos.

as for not being able to tell the specific lens that's totally understandable i guess i was looking for insight on what lens would you recommend if this is the look i am going for. my initial plan was to go prime lens only and then once i have acquired all of the primes i desire i'll get a few zoom lens' to fill in the gaps and to travel with.

Probably a Cine lens. Maybe a Zeiss 15 or 28 .. somewhere along those lines. I dont think it's a canon model. It would help to see a side view of the lens to help determine the manufacturer. Either way you're probably looking at about a $3,000-5,000 cinema lens.

thank you very much for the insight. well a little out of my range i was hoping 1k or less but i will be researching said lens and renting it.

Most reactions

Back