Canada Goose C & C

Bo4key

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been out practising naturey stuff and am not happy with the softness of my lens. It's the Canon 55-250 mm. Is this just a crappy lens or am I doing it wrong?

shot at:

f/8.0
1/400 sec
ISO 400
250 mm

Canada Goose by Boaketography, on Flickr

I like the exposure but the soft focus bothers me and I suppose those are fish flies/mosquitoes flying around that look like lint on the lens.

I wee bit o' post-processing focus will help, and you can always clone out the little buggers.

I'm not familiar with cloning yet, I do basic Post in LR. Am I able to accomplish this in LR or do I need CS5?

Last edited:
Bo4key said:
I'm not familiar with cloning yet, I do basic Post in LR. Am I able to accomplish this in LR or do I need CS5?

I'd venture to guess that you could use the spot removal tool in LR to eliminate the bugs. What have you done for PP so far? It looks reasonably sharp to me (on an iPad without the BRAND ****ING NEW RETINA DISPLAY ZOMGZOMG).

Basically cropped a little to get a tighter image and adjusted white balance and increased the contrast and played with the blacks to try to bring out the eye more.

EDIT: also increased sharpness and slight saturation increase.

Most reactions

Back