What's new

Canadian memorial in Vimy (France)... by night...

Oh my. Very nicely done!! It's tough to get good definition in the statue's robes, and in the brickwork, at night. You did a great job. I especially like the first one (with the shadows projected onto one of the walls), and the last one (it's stunning).
 
It always saddens me to look at stuff like this, as it reminds me of the one true hero I have, my Great Grandfather, Ernest Cooper. This is his record in the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database - he was killed in the Kaiserschlacht in 1918. The address you see listed in his record is the house I was born in and his daughter (my Grandmother) is still alive though now in here early 90's.

A bit of a hijack there, do really like the last shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom