Candid B&W

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
D3300, 55-200mm, f/5, 1/200s, ISO 280, fill flash from built in.

DSC 770(2).JPG

it's a fairly well balanced (light) image. The composition is awkward with hands coming into the frame from nowhere. I like his expression, surprise.

it's a fairly well balanced (light) image. The composition is awkward with hands coming into the frame from nowhere. I like his expression, surprise.
Thanks for the comments. I almost cropped the hands but I thought the wedding band and baby face were interesting. Here is the crop but didn't do much for me. I also have another frame as well but can't access at the moment. It includes the traditional look and not as much tension compositionally.

7e93d759139e55fe017e6ece1c8af34a.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

it's your choice of crop, ratio. For headshots I'd usually go with 8x10 or native 3x6. You cropped almost square and cut off his neck but with his hands there I can see why you tried that.

Sometimes I just lose a perfectly good image because I didn't frame it correctly in camera.

Original was better

it's your choice of crop, ratio. For headshots I'd usually go with 8x10 or native 3x6. You cropped almost square and cut off his neck.
Right. That's why I didn't use it. It is square. I will play around with it more tonight from original file. The original gives a few options for crop. I appreciate the insight.

Additionally, you are correct, the original was framed wrong. However, I might be able to do something a little different... Big maybe and proof that framing correctly the first time makes huge difference.

Baby fuzz, pimples, and a wedding ring! Now that is scary.

good shot though ;)
Glad someone got it... No way was I gimping the puberty from him... Lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back