Candid Shots?

burntsmore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a photography student and the first assignment this semester is shooting people. 8 formal and 8 informal. I don't have many people that are willing to be in front of the camera so I'm really new to photographing people.

I was just wondering if there were any good places to get candid shots or the like. I live more or less in the suburbs.

Thanks!

I would think this would be simple. To get candids, go to where there are lots of people, like a park or event. Then when you get there, be as polite and personable as you possibly can be to ask strangers if they'll let you take their picture.

I often don't have the guts to do this, but when I do, I get great shots.

To get candids, go to where there are lots of people, like a park or event. Then when you get there, be as polite and personable as you possibly can be to ask strangers if they'll let you take their picture.

Also tell them what you just told us,
"I'm a photography student and the first assignment this semester is shooting people" Although I would use the word Photograph instead.

Welcome to the group & photography

Hehe, yeah. I can imagine the funny looks you might get if you approach a stranger with the words "Hold still for a sec so I can shoot you!"

wont any of your fellow students pose for you? you could offer to return the favour for them.

To get candids, go to where there are lots of people, like a park or event.

Yeah, I was thinking of going to a local park, it's right on the water and there's always people fishing and cooking out. But that was the only place I could think of. Hmm, maybe a bookstore... that could be interesting...

"wont any of your fellow students pose for you?"

I didn't even think of that! I might have to give that a try!

Thanks you guys!

Most reactions

Back