syphlix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregorytran.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there -

this morn looked out my window to see the sky full of smoke. ran downstairs to take a cpl photos, but this is the one i liked the best.

any comments? critiques?

it's all natural light... subject was in open shade... i like the background... and even luckily got highlights in the eyes (not intentional, but i'll take it!).

shot in aperture priority - F/2.0, 1/500s, iso200 on a 50mm/1.4

Last edited:
I think that's a really great portrait, and would also make a great stock photo. Maybe you could track him down and get him to sign a release in exchange for a nice print.

That is on hell of a shot. I hope to be that good someday.

However, something about that hose bugs me. Not sure what it is, doesn't detract from the quality of the picture, just nags at me.

Nice shot.
Maybe you could track him down and get him to sign a release in exchange for a nice print.
if you'll decide, I might be helpful with locating the house where they are coming out of.

However, something about that hose bugs me. Not sure what it is, doesn't detract from the quality of the picture, just nags at me.
if he lowers the hose a bit lower... ;)

Great shot! :thumbup:

excellent shot, great suggestion Buckster, perhaps the whole station could give Syphlix the commission for portraits if the approach is made.

I'm just curious how you got that close of a closeup "candid" with a 50mm? That's an amazing shot, are you sure he didn't pose for you? ;)

That's awesome, so sharp and clear.

I'm not good at people pictures, so I can't offer anything more constructive than... I like this picture.

love it. It's what one shoots for (pun unintentional) in street candids. But I agree about the hose. Distracts from the expression on the face. Would have been kinda hard to ask him to put it down in the middle of a fire emergency for you to take a pic, I presume... :)

I think it's pretty awesome. The hose doesnt distract me at all. Those are the things you usually see firemen holding. Looks natural to me. Great job!

thanks for all the positive comments!

would also make a great stock photo.

buckster - sorry for the noobish question, but what do i do w/ a stock photo if i have it?...

I'm just curious how you got that close of a closeup "candid" with a 50mm? That's an amazing shot, are you sure he didn't pose for you?

a 50mm on my crop body is damn near telephoto... i always ***** about how it's not wide enough for what i like... and i've been shopping for a FF for a while... but i guess in this case it worked out well... there is very little cropped off this photo and he was prob maybe 8-10 ft away from me?

Most reactions

Back