Candlelight & Baloo (C&C)

Benjo255

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
BalooCandela.jpg

To be honest, if you cropped away most of the right half of the image, including the candle and pink blanket (?), I'd like this image a LOT better. The light & expression of Kitty's face is great, but IMO, it's too cluttered on the RH side.

Ok, but...if the subject is "A cat watching a candle on a pink blanket"...cropping the candle and the pink blanket remains only a cat in a strange light. You mean like this?
BalooCandleCrop.jpg

Last edited:
The cat isn't really looking at the candle anyway, and the blanket is a distraction.

My first impression was that the cat was listening to a ghost story around a campfire. I don't mind the first one. The crop doesn't work, IMO, because there is now too much negative space to the left.

Ok, but...if the subject is "A cat watching a candle on a pink blanket"...cropping the candle and the pink blanket remains only a cat in a strange light. You mean like this?
View attachment 99930
IMO, that is a stronger image. My opinion and a couple of dollars may get you a cup of coffee somewhere....

Mhm. It seems to me thay the original one tells a better story than the cropped.

But anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back